Sunday, May 10, 2009

|PHOTO| Update - Film Photoshoot

It's been a week since doing my first film photoshoot of the year. Sad to say, I had a bit of trouble development my E-6 220 film. The first photo lab I had gone too, CHROMATEK IMAGING, had stopped processing E-6 film completely and can only process black and white, or C-41. That is saddening to hear that the reality of film is coming to a dead end for some photo labs. Luckily there is more than one lab close to the studio that still processes medium format film. So I decided to pick up my non-processed film from Chromatek, and take it to DALE LABS. I picked it back up on Tuesday, scanned the images on Thursday and had the opportunity to edit one of my favorites that same day.

The image is a bit soft due to my Epson V700 flatbed scanner and problems of the film curling due to the poor film holders, but the image itself is exactly what I was looking for, for this beauty editorial. 4 different looks with a splash of color. I hope to have it submitted to a magazine, with the possibility of it being published in the months to come. Below is a sample of one of the E-6 shots that I recently took.

Equipment used:
Camera . Mamiya RZ67 PRO II with 150 mm
Film . Kodak E100G 220 film
Lighting . (3) Profoto pro heads, (2) beauty dishes with grids, (1) zoom reflector with 10 degree grid, (2) cutters

Photobucket
Hope to get another film shoot done sometime this week. Wish me luck.